Friday, November 6, 2015

My hair, my story

Being a fair-haired gal, I've never had an abundance of hair volume such as some dark ladies do. There were times when I might have been jealous of them but I was comforting myself with a thought that my hair colour was somehow like "the fields of gold" ... you know the Sting song, don't you? :)

It made me very sad when I first noticed that my "gold" was excessively leaving my head. :( It first happened when I was facing some money/career issues. I've decided to stop working in a particular field and felt pretty lost and vulnerable.

At that time I tried several different diets:
  • diet without sugar (3 months)
  • low fat plant based diet
  • candida diet
  • gluten-free diet

I'd also tried some healing techniques (I'll talk about them later).

What put my hair-loss to a stop was start eating sea-weed (what a revelation!). I forgot to mention that I've been on vegetarian diet for about 8 years now. To be honest, I don't know if that really suits my body, but let's explore that object later.




(via)
Last year I moved to Canada and stayed there for a year. At about the same time of a year I, again for the second time, experienced hair loss but it didn't last for a long time. I got myself a job and I felt secured.

This year, after coming back from Canada it all repeated (third time so far). Leaving my job, which represented stability, I came back to Slovenia with no vision and probably more important - no real joy. I knew I had to do something about it.

It's been 4 months now since my hair is falling out more than they should. I'm again exploring food diets (I checked iron levels in my blood and thyroid but everything seems to be fine. I haven't seen my gynecologist just yet but am about to.) and perhaps even more important - my emotional state of being. Taking my life into my own hands, being responsible for it, being creative and don't let fears put me down. I have ups and downs specially because I'm surrounded with people who are afraid of everything unknown (we all are to some extent I know!). But that shouldn't be an excuse.

I'll share my emotional revelations in future posts.
In the mean time, welcome and thank you for reading these lines. I already feel lighter. :)
If you are facing the same issues or have a particular question, don't hesitate to ask.

Have a great (hair) day ;)
xoxo
B

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found your blog today...if that is what they are still called! I am desperately trying to find answers, and have experienced very similar circumstances to what you describe. How are things now? Have you discovered any new modalities?

    ReplyDelete