Friday, November 13, 2015

What does dr. Sara Gottfried say about hairloss?

Lately I've come across a lot of quality literature about hair loss. One of the best books I've read in a while is dr. Sara Gottried - At home with your body at last. She is a doctor gynecologist who is specialized in women's hormones and supports natural methods of healing - without pills if possible. I highly recommend it to all the ladies out there go and reach for it because it contains really valuable information!

What do weight gain, hair loss, painful periods, sleepless nights etc have in common?
In most cases - disrupted levels of hormones, starting with cortisol, which is the main hormone to fight stress. If the level of cortisol is too high in our body on a long term it affects other hormones too. For example thyroid which has to do with hair-loss among others.

Why does it happen in the first place?
I suggest you to read the book. It has do with poor diet, lifestyle, aging and you guessed it ... stress.
Watch a video where Sara and Kris Carr (I found out that I share a birthday with Kris - not the year though) talk about hormones. Btw isn't she absolutely stunning and sexy lady? I mean REALLY!



The results of the questionnaire in her book I got were that my thyroid is low. My blood test was OK, but I really have most of the symptoms mentioned. Besides I don't eat sea food which is probably the case here - not enough iodine.

I know now that my stress hormones are disrupted, my thyroid is not at its best (thus hair loss!) ... I need to read the entire book and then decide what to do. Meaning make sure my physical body get what it needs - proper diet, supplements, lifestyle and my emotional healing as well. (I'll write about that in my next post.)

WHAT about YOUR hormones?
If you haven't got the book you can help yourself with the questionnaire here:
http://www.saragottfriedmd.com/quiz

Share your thoughts below ... and have a great (hair) day :)
xoxo
B


No comments:

Post a Comment